Thursday 3 December 2015

Creating My Hair Design

So throughout creating my final hair design I played around with different ways to create it and ways to improve upon it, here is my practice of my hair design and how I would like it to go:

What you will need:


  • Hairbrush
  • Pintail Comb
  • Padding
  • Hair Clips
  • Hair Grips
  • Crimpers
  • Curlers
  • Straighteners
The first thing I did was split the hair across the centre of the hair just behind the ears, just as if you were drawing a line across the head from ear to ear. Then I clipped away the back of the hair and focused on the front of the hair. You want to crimp the front section of hair that you should have left unclipped.
Next what I did was take a section from the front of there hair, around 1.5 inches, this is going to be the plait along the forehead. Next clip the leftover part of the hair back and start a french plait from one ear to the other across the forehead. Tie the end of the plait and leave out of the way.
Loosely pull the plait so that it isn't very tight and is quite big.

Next for the heart shape, so you have already crimped the hair, then you split the hair down the middle using your pintail comb and pin one side out of the way. Next backcomb the hair and roll your padding down and secure. I want the heart shape to be quite large and not immaculate, I would like a little bit of messiness.
Repeat on the other side!
Next for the back of the hair, what you need to do is unclip it straighten the whole back. I want the back to be as straight as it can be.
After the back has been straightened what you will need to do is to split the hair into three layers, pin up the top two and leave the bottom one. Take your curlers (unfortunately I only had straighteners at this time) and with half go the hair start from the bottom and roll straight up till about 1/3 of the hair length. Repeat this until the whole of the 1/3 of hair has been curled.
What you should have is a large curl at the bottom of the hair creating a bob like effect, I found it quite hard here as the hair was tough to shape and it had been previously crimped. Once the curl is in pin it until it has cooled then hairspray. Then return back to the end of your plait and tuck it under the heart shape and pin.
I found it pretty good when recreating this design, what I found hard though and what I think will be the most difficult for my partner is creating the big curl at the bottom and getting it to stay in place. Other then that I think it should go really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment