Thursday 3 December 2015

Ellie's Recreation of my hair design

So after swapping our designs and all our practice we had our assessments. Ellie went first to do mine.

I thought that Ellie did a really good job of recreating my hair design, she was so lovely to work with and we had a good partnership, very communicative if there was any problems or anything we would just let each other know. She really mastered the plait, I think it was one of the most difficult parts of my design as it was at such a funny angle to keep neat and estimating how much hair you would need too was difficult but with practice it got better.

With the heart shape I think Ellie perfected how messy to neat I wanted it,  it still looks rugged yet still classy which is what I wanted. One of the padding was a bit loose which you can see in picture 1 as it flops a little bit but other than that I cannot fault it, just a few more grips in the hair to hold the heart shape up would of probably been best.

The back of the hair was the most tricky and I think you must just have to catch the hair on a good day, what I found was the dirtier the hair (if the hair wasn't washed on the day) the more the curl stayed. I wanted the back to be straight and then at the bottom one big curl. Ellie tried so hard on the assessment to keep the curl, she got it right first time but by the time we got to the photos it didn't stay although it was pinned and hairsprayed. Just sometimes hair doesn't want to work well for you!
Overall I was so happy with the outcome of my design and the partnership in whole, I couldn't ask for a better partner and the relationship we had between each other and I know she worked really hard as well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment