Thursday 3 December 2015

Evaluation of Hair Assessment

I really enjoyed doing this assessment, I had an amazing partner where we had really good communication and we just got on really well. Upon receiving the hair chart I did start to get rather nervous because it looked quite difficult but with practice I did improve.

What I found difficult about the design was the bottom half the most, because I was using padding it’s a lot easier on the top of the head because you can easily access every area of the hair and really work with it but then when I got to the bottom I found it a lot more difficult, I felt more restricted and it was hard to pin the grips in firmly. The other part I found difficult was joining all 4 of the heart shapes together so it created one bit circle almost, but I just kept teasing the hair with my pintail comb very gently so that I didn’t ruin the hair and so that I kept it neat, and it just pulled together very slowly but surely. I loved adding the pearl accessories although they were a bit of a pain as the hair around the padding was quite thin so clipping the pins in became difficult and they fell out, but they made a really beautiful touch to the design.

I put lots of research into my design, I first started with just looking at google and then I went onto Pinterest and started creating boards there with lots of ideas and from that I picked out my favourite images and started brainstorming from there, playing around with my Katie head testing out new ways of creating a design.

The hair brief that my partner gave me was really simple and easy, her hair chart was really clear to see and she explained everything so well to me, I didn’t find it too difficult.

I really enjoyed the project, I loved exploring Elizabethan hair and how it has inspired modern day designers. What I would’ve done better was do more research involving books as it is always good to read books and get information from them and they always have information that wont be on the internet and I feel like I restricted myself a little bit.


What I enjoyed the most was definitely recreating the hair look, experimenting with how I can improve it and how to recreate the look to my own advantage and also pleasing my partner too.

No comments:

Post a Comment